Sunday 1 February 2015

Migraines and salicylates. Finally an answer to some of my more horrendous symptoms

First day with no headaches! All I did was significantly reduce salicylates in my diet. Now I've also managed to reduce Keppra more so if my next scan is positive hopefully in a few months I can get off it completely. 


For a long time I thought I was having partial seizures but I was actually having migraine auras which are now largely controlled. Amazing! I'm actually quite angry in a way that I have had to do this all on my own because I know what the potential risks could have been. I was constantly recommended to increase medication and was treated as if I was crazy.


I will be laughing at those neurologists who told me this would be impossible. It's very difficult, but not impossible. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else though unless you're 100% sure you know what you're doing. The neurologist I see now fully supports me. In my experience most of them don't treat brain tumour related epilepsy differently and don't take diet seriously but they should. I'm also showing that you don't need coconut oil or supplements to be in nutritional ketosis.



No comments:

Post a Comment